Weekend of Adventure

Last weekend was a nonstop adventure with my family! I came home early on Friday afternoon so that Jenna could set up for Nickle Dickle Day (she shared a craft booth with her mom this year). While she was gone, Natalie and I walked around downtown Chaska. I got a library card, she got a balloon, and we ate some delicious ice cream: raspberry Oreo cheesecake flavor!
On Saturday we all woke up early for the festivities in Waconia. I stood in line in the rain for the book sale to open and filled a bag with good stuff.* My parents came to the fair and sampled the campfire ice cream that I made with marshmallows we roasted the previous weekend. Then we prepared a bath of peaches ice cream. My dad had fun feeding the chickens, who learned how to escape their run, and we had to corral them back inside several times before I found and patched the hole.
We visited the Chaska Moravian Church on Sunday morning. In the afternoon, my parents and I drove to the Science Museum for the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit. It was such a fantastic collection that the actual scroll fragments at the end were a bit of a letdown. Still, overall it was an incredible experience. I could have stayed all day and wished we had more time to see the original St. John's Bible pages at the end.
*Mike Lynch's Minnesota Starwatch, The Glorious Qur'an, The New Oxford Annotated Bible NRSV w/ the Apocrypha 3rd edition, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual 3rd edition, The Dark Tower The Gunslinger, Watership Down, The Gospel in Dostoyevsky, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, 3 books in the Time-Life Encyclopedia of Gardening (Perennials, Vegetables and Fruits, and Foliage House Plants) (to match 4 other books in the series that I bought for a quarter each from a garage sale the previous weekend) and Villa Incognito by Tom Robbins.

No comments: