Back in the Running

I started running again! I started for real the first time in 2011 then I quit again shortly after Paisley was born in September of that year. Two and a half years later, it felt like time to hit the trails again.

Way back in the dark ages I got my training plan from a book. Of course there's an app for that now, so my smartphone has replaced the stopwatch as my primary tool for tracking runs. I just completed the third week of the C25K plan, which means I'm already a third of the way through. I'm on track to begin racing again in August.

Best of all, I got new shoes! I realized belatedly that I never wrote about my old shoes, which seems... disrespectful. Those grey Asics carried me through hundreds of miles and four races, and now they're in the garbage. But check out the new hotness!

No comments: