Space Invader


Space Invader..., originally uploaded by LukeDaDuke

Last time I wrote about how my baby is taking over my brain. She has also begun the invasion of our home. She claimed our former office for her nursery, which is now furnished with a new crib, stroller, and a dresser full of tiny clothes. Soon, all we'll be missing is a baby.

They say gestation lasts forty weeks so that you have time to prepare for parenthood. I think that establishing a physical area for the baby to inhabit does the same thing. When I see the empty crib I can envision my daughter sleeping in it. While I snapped together our stroller, I was thinking about taking her on walks in our neighborhood. I started to understand what it means to miss something that you don't have yet. And now I want her more than ever.

No comments: