2016 Annual Report

I didn't post much this year so there's more ground to cover here than usual!

Animals
A fish and bird died but we adopted a cat, so overall we came out ahead on pets.

Books
Natalie is a reading machine! Faves this year: Bone, Smile, Calvin & Hobbes, and Garfield.

Crafts
Our shows were bad for sales of Angleworm Embroidery products, but great for everyone else.

Diet
Maybe it's my age but I've started eating slightly better--no more instant ramen for me.

Events
We did our usual craft stuff and added several new events at my day job--busy year for events!

Foraging
I had an okay season for morels, ate my first wild chanterelles and found my first amanita.

Gaming
I dove deep into Stardew Valley and became a Pokémon Go master.

Hand Modeling
My photogenic fingers appeared in a Minnesota Monthly feature. It's becoming a trend!

Interests
I stopped podcasting myself and picked up yoga again. I might be done with embroidery too.

Jenna
The moon of my life.

Kids
My sun and stars.

Lake Home 
No more :(

Mentorship
I officially become a Sunday School teacher for third graders, and a confirmation class mentor.

Natalie
Got a 3DS with Pokemon Sun for Christmas; new favorite daddy-daughter activity.

Opt-Out
In February I took a break from consumerism again and it felt real good.

Paisley
Watched her first movie theater feature: Moana! Soundtrack is on constant rotation.

Quitting
RIP podcasting, 2014-2016

Remodeling
We finally insulated a janky corner of our house and tore out a deck. Jenna painted.

Speaking
I recorded a podcast with Josh and Elly on Professional Humans. We talked about crafts and stuff.

Tidying Up
Keeping only the objects that spark joy has been life-changing magic in our home.

Unmotivated to put up many blog posts

Full disclosure, "U" was the last letter I filled in. Started drafting last year, posted February 21.

Vacation
We took a few trips in the pop-up camper, including a week in Door County, WI.

Wardrobe
I figured out how to buy and wear clothes. Thrift shopping can't be beat.

X, Y, Z done, goodnight everybody!

No comments: