Consciousness


Morning Burst, originally uploaded by .droog

In my last post, I wrote about my determination to be a better husband and father. That's fine in theory, but what does it actually mean in practice?

The key is living consciously. Rather than sleepwalking through life, as I did more or less for my first three weeks of parenthood, I want to be fully present in the moment, aware of and available to my wife and daughter. I am striving for an intentional marriage.

Dr. Corey Allan expounds on this concept over at the Simple Marriage Project. One of the key points is that children benefit from a strong marriage, which is why I'm focused on maintaining a healthy relationship with my wife right now. When the baby seems to demand all of our attention, it's important to remember that we need to take care of each other, as well.

No comments: