Freedom


Tango, originally uploaded by Shabok

My sister-in-law is coming over tomorrow to babysit for a couple of hours. Ashley is now five weeks old and this is the first time we will be alone without her. It is a much-appreciated opportunity to relax and reconnect with my wife.

Even though Ashley has been a good baby, the past few weeks have been intense, as I'm sure is the case for any new parents. We're both stressed out, and I miss my wife!

You know what they say, it takes two to tango and three's a crowd. Now it's just the two of us for a little while. We can dance passionately again, or we could go out to eat at a real restaurant, or hang out a bookstore. No matter how we spend the (very brief) time away, I look forward to simply enjoying each others' company like we used to do.

1 comment:

The Goodfellas said...

hey yo
do you want me to add your link? i wasn't sure so i didn't, so if you want me to let me know okay? okay.
ps. don't tell but last night betsy watched tiny so that we could pack, but instead we (drumroll) had kung-fu henry over and played cards!! we are a wiley people, very wiley.