Texture


Rainy day hens, originally uploaded by aroid

The day our house hit the market, we had two showings, and feedback from the agents was promising. I am trying not to get my hopes up too high, but this is exciting news. We might be homesteading before winter!

I would have only one regret if we sell quickly: missing out on the harvest. Our backyard garden is more vigorous than ever this year. I'd be mildly bummed if we moved to the country only to forsake a bounty of delicious home-grown vegetables.

On the other hand, if I have to exchange our little city garden for a yard full of chickens, I consider that a win.

3 comments:

andi said...

Yay! 2 showings! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

have you read any michael perry books? this post just made me think of him...
amanda

Andy said...

Thank you Andi!

Amanda, I haven't, but thanks for making me aware of him. I added "Coop" to my Amazon wishlist!