San Diego eats: Fish Market

On Thursday all of us had dinner at the Fish Market Restaurant. It's a three mile walk from the hotel along the harbor. The restaurant sits right on the bay. I had high hopes again and again I was not disappointed.

For starters, I had never eaten an oyster before, so I tried one of those in an oyster shot. It wasn't bad but it didn't taste like much other than the hot sauce concoction it was served in. Our table shared a bottle of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc and two of the Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc.

Dinner was the mesquite grilled Alaskan halibut... probably the best halibut I've ever had. They print their menus twice daily to reflect availability and when I asked about it, we learned that this was their first fresh catch in some time, so I was very lucky!

No comments: