Death From Above


My MacBook Etching, originally uploaded by ldandersen

Natalie killed our MacBook. I was carrying her in the kitchen and the laptop was set up on the table where we keep it. She was drinking water from a sturdy metal sippy cup. She decided that she was done with it, so she hurled it down to the ground. Only instead of bouncing harmlessly off the hardwood floor like usual, it smacked the computer. Hard.

It was a once-in-a-lifetime shot (hopefully)--a direct hit above the hard drive that left a dent in the precision aluminum unibody enclosure. We had to get the hard drive replaced. MacBooks may be durable, but babyproof, they ain't!

Luckily, the geniuses at the Apple Store were able to rescue most of the data from the old drive, otherwise we would have permanently lost hundreds of baby photos. I swore to get better at backing up our files and I was determined to start as soon as I got home... if only I could find our external hard drive.

No comments: