Springboard


Summer, originally uploaded by ubiquity_zh

Sometimes running a craft fair has perks. Last year I was selected to receive a Future Leadership Fellowship from National Arts Strategies. Basically that meant that I got to attend a workshop ("Sustainable Power and Influence") with other local arts businesspeople, and I am officially a "fellow" for a year.

The program was hosted by Springboard for the Arts. Since then I've been working with them on fiscal sponsorship and grant seeking. They're a good organization that is set up to help artists.

This week I returned to Springboard for a recorded interview. They are working on a curriculum for business students about finding (or making) jobs in the creative industries. The students will watch me yakking for an hour and submit additional questions for me to answer. This was fun to be a part of! I hope to do stuff like this more often in the future.