Weekend Dispatch


Natalie and I had a very busy Saturday. In the morning, she helped me prepare a batch of pickled eggs for her grandpa's birthday present. I took an image from this online copy of The Little Red Hen and made a custom label for the jar. Then she helped me eat the banana bread I'd prepared before she woke up.

Around 10 we headed up to Minneapolis for the Twin Cities Zinefest, which is organized by MIX co-founder Sarah Morean. I have attended several years, but this was Natalie's first 'fest. She wasn't crazy about the crowd of strangers but she did enjoy the big Li'l Buddha stand-up at Ryan Dow's booth, the graffiti mural outside ("chalk!") and the long empty hallway with the drinking fountain at the end. I did get to see an old friend and meet new people, so it was a worthwhile trip.

After nap time, the whole family loaded into the car and I drove us to a man-made swimming pond in Minnetrista. Natalie had great fun digging in the sand and splashing in the water. They closed the beach for reports of thunder just as we were packing up to leave. Overall, a perfect summer day.

No comments: