Prayer


Enlightened, originally uploaded by Lawrence OP

Just before Ashley was born and my life got flipped turned upside down, I wrote about making time for our priorities. That post was about playing video games, and in the meantime I've allowed my gaming time to gradually dwindle away. It turns out they're not so important to me after all.

On the other hand, in November I was lamenting my lack of time to simply think. Obviously, it wasn't going to happen during the day when I have a job and a wife and a baby to take care of. It was clear that I would need to carve out a few minutes in my schedule for contemplation.

And so I devoted myself to daily prayer and meditation, first thing in the morning. It's part of my routine, right after taking the dog outside (which can only be postponed at my peril), and just before the morning shave. What an excellent way to start the day!

No comments: