Sel-Dale Laundromat - Street View, originally uploaded by Keeshond
Before we moved away from our old 'hood in St. Paul, I walked Natalie around in her stroller and told stories about her first home. We don't have any particular fondness for the Sel-Dale Laundromat that's pictured above, but it was only a couple of blocks from our house, which made it a local landmark. Other places do have special significance in our family history:
- Great Harvest Bread, where I once forgot about Natalie and walked out the door while she sat calmly in her stroller;
- The former restaurant (now long vacant) where Jenna and I enjoyed a romantic lunch of tapas once upon a time before she was born;
- Fivetwosix Salon, the host of baby's first fashion show;
- The local playgrounds where she loved to swing;
- The Happy Gnome and Muddy Pig, where we celebrated a successful Craftstravaganza, and Sweeney's Saloon, where I sketched out the beginnings of the Minneapolis Indie Xpo.