Birds & Bees

I love being outside during the spring. It's fun to get my fingers dirty in the garden, plucking weeds and planting seedlings. There's something very satisfying about caring for a tender sprout until it grows to maturity, especially when it yields flowers or delicious vegetables.

Then you've got the critters living in our urban forest: squirrels and rabbits, stray cats and yappy dogs, birds and birds and birds. Last year I made a bird house and stuck it in the backyard. It sat vacant for a season, I took it down for winter, and put it back up a month ago.

In the past couple of weeks I've seen a Chickadee flit to and from the entry hole with stuff in its mouth. Sometimes it pops inside and stays for a while. I think we might have a new family living there soon.

No comments: