Countdown


Musée d'Orsay Clock, originally uploaded by introvertigo

The due date is one month from today. Starting now, I'm no longer tracking the weeks--I'm counting down days.

For me, the time can't go by quickly enough, although my wife is not quite as excited about the arrival as I am. Which is understandable, since our baby's itinerary for that day includes a scheduled journey through my wife's vagina.

Nevertheless! After eight months of seeing our daughter only as images on an ultrasound or protrusions on my wife's belly, I think we are all eager to meet face-to-face. Only 31 days to go.

Side note: This is not a photo of us, but it reminds me of our honeymoon in France. It will be a long time before we can take another vacation like that again, with just the two of us, but we'll always have Paris.

No comments: