Daddy Drinks: Scotch Sour

Because every dad deserves a well-prepared beverage to cap off his day, I will be posting a selection of cocktail recipes. I hope to make this at least a semi-regular feature, which I have tongue-in-cheekily titled "Daddy Drinks Because You Cry." Or, for short, "Daddy Drinks!"

Let's start with a basic cocktail that's a little sweet, and a lot sour. To make the Scotch Sour, fill your shaker with ice and then add the following ingredients:

1 1/2 oz Scotch
Juice of 1/2 Lime
1/2 tsp Powdered Sugar

Shake well and strain into a glass. I prefer my drinks on the rocks, but you might serve it another way. Top with a slice of lemon and a cherry, or if your selection of citrus fruits is limited, whack off a wedge of the fresh lime that you used for juicing. Kick back and pucker up!

No comments: